I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Florida Keys--Your Fav and why!
- 1 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 5 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 11 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 12 Newport, RI Questions
- 13 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 14 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 16 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Using public transit in San Diego
- 19 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 20 Seward to Anchorage
- 21 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 22 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 23 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 24 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 25 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest