We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
- 1 California, Northern
- 2 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 3 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Seatlle, WA
- 6 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Around North America (cruise)
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 15 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 16 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 17 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 18 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 19 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 20 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 21 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 25 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?