We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
- 1 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 2 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 3 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 4 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 5 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 6 Priceline, WARNING
- 7 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 8 Kauai golf
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 Less commercial beach?
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 14 stay near newark or nyc
- 15 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 16 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 17 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 18 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 19 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 20 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 23 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 24 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 25 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?