There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
- 1 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 2 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 3 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 4 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 5 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 6 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 7 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 8 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 9 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 10 Newport, RI Questions
- 11 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 12 Around North America (cruise)
- 13 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 14 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 15 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 16 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 17 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 20 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 21 Boston and surrounding area
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 24 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times