There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
- 1 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 2 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 6 Minneapolis Hotel
- 7 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 8 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Washington Wineries
- 14 Luxor Egypt
- 15 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 16 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 17 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 18 Seward to Anchorage
- 19 California, Northern
- 20 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 New York City Parking
- 23 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!