I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
- 1 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 4 Boston Area College Tour
- 5 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 6 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 7 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 8 D.C. in a day
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 A Visit to Charleston
- 13 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 14 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 15 Help with NYC transit
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 Williamsburg VA
- 18 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 19 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 20 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 21 Baseball Road Trip
- 22 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 23 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 24 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 25 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby