I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
- 1 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 2 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 3 stay near newark or nyc
- 4 Cape Ann area
- 5 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 6 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 7 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 8 Kauai golf
- 9 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 10 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 11 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 12 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 13 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 14 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 15 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 16 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 17 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Minneapolis Hotel
- 20 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 21 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 22 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE