My wife and live in LA and wanted to take the family east for a change. We did 3 days in nyc and 5 in Philly as my my wife and I both went to college in the area and had some friends we wanted to catch up with. What a great place, really nice to be back and I was surprised by how much it had changed over the years. It's really come into it's own. We stayed in Washington Square in a very cute little home on a historic street which we secured on either homeaway or vrbo I don't' remember but there were only a couple to choose from. Thats an important note to make that if you do want to stay in a house rather than hotel I suggest you book early as there are a very limited supply, and really only a couple to choose from. We walked to indepedence hall, and the liiberty bell and penns landing and did most of Old City. The kids insisted on getting a real cheesteak so we went to Pats (sorry Im partial) and were able to walk over to Rittenhouse and explore the square. We did drive out to New Hope one day which was a really nice little day trip and I would recoomend that to folks looking to get out of the city for the day. Awesome trip, philly has changed a lot over the years so if you haven't been back I would suggest it.
History, Restaurants and Cheesteaks! A Great Week In Philadelphia
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 3 Boston Area College Tour
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 6 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 7 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 8 A Visit to Charleston
- 9 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 12 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 13 Help with NYC transit
- 14 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 15 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 16 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 17 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 18 D.C. in a day
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 22 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 23 Williamsburg VA
- 24 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times