My wife and live in LA and wanted to take the family east for a change. We did 3 days in nyc and 5 in Philly as my my wife and I both went to college in the area and had some friends we wanted to catch up with. What a great place, really nice to be back and I was surprised by how much it had changed over the years. It's really come into it's own. We stayed in Washington Square in a very cute little home on a historic street which we secured on either homeaway or vrbo I don't' remember but there were only a couple to choose from. Thats an important note to make that if you do want to stay in a house rather than hotel I suggest you book early as there are a very limited supply, and really only a couple to choose from. We walked to indepedence hall, and the liiberty bell and penns landing and did most of Old City. The kids insisted on getting a real cheesteak so we went to Pats (sorry Im partial) and were able to walk over to Rittenhouse and explore the square. We did drive out to New Hope one day which was a really nice little day trip and I would recoomend that to folks looking to get out of the city for the day. Awesome trip, philly has changed a lot over the years so if you haven't been back I would suggest it.
History, Restaurants and Cheesteaks! A Great Week In Philadelphia
- 1 stay near newark or nyc
- 2 Small Sofas
- 3 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 4 New York City Parking
- 5 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 6 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 7 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 8 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Priceline, WARNING
- 11 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 12 Less commercial beach?
- 13 Washington Wineries
- 14 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 15 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 16 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 17 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 18 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 19 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 20 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 21 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 22 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 23 Kauai golf
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 San Franciso to Vancouver