We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
- 1 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 2 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 3 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 4 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 5 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 6 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 7 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 8 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 9 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 10 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 11 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 12 Middlebury vt quickie
- 13 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 14 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 15 NYC
- 16 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 17 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 18 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 19 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 20 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 21 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 22 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 23 hello guys....
- 24 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 25 Albuquerque to Denver