We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
- 1 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 2 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 3 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 4 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 5 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 9 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 10 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 11 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 12 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 13 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 14 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 15 Michigan Beaches
- 16 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 17 Middlebury vt quickie
- 18 Albuquerque to Denver
- 19 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 20 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 SW Utah
- 23 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 24 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 25 Help Create a Memory in Michigan