We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
- 1 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 2 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 3 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 4 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 5 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 6 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 7 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 8 D.C. in a day
- 9 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 10 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 11 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 12 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 13 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 16 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 17 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 18 Using public transit in San Diego
- 19 Memphis Tours
- 20 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 21 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 22 A Visit to Charleston
- 23 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?