Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
- 1 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 2 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 3 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 4 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 5 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 6 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 7 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 8 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 9 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 10 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 11 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 14 Lake Tahoe
- 15 Baseball Road Trip
- 16 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 Moab and Bluff
- 19 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 20 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 21 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 22 Seatlle, WA
- 23 Car for Embassy Suites Austin
- 24 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 25 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing