We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 !#$@Watch The Great Gatsby Online Free Streaming in all qualities!!
- 2 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 5 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 6 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 7 Lake Tahoe
- 8 Baseball Road Trip
- 9 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 10 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 11 Moab and Bluff
- 12 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 13 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 16 Seatlle, WA
- 17 Car for Embassy Suites Austin
- 18 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 19 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 20 Summer in Telluride, CO
- 21 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 22 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions