We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 D.C. in a day
- 5 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 6 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 7 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 8 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 9 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 10 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 16 Memphis Tours
- 17 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 18 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 19 A Visit to Charleston
- 20 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 23 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 24 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 25 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013