I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
- 1 Help with NYC transit
- 2 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 5 Williamsburg VA
- 6 new orleans swamp tours
- 7 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 8 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 9 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 10 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 11 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 12 Baseball Road Trip
- 13 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 14 D.C. in a day
- 15 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 16 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 17 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 18 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 19 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 20 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 23 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 24 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice