My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 2 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 3 Savannah restaurants
- 4 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 5 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 8 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 9 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 10 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 11 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 12 Denver 1 day in denver
- 13 Boston and surrounding area
- 14 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 15 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 16 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 17 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 18 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 19 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 20 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 21 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 22 Middlebury vt quickie
- 23 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 24 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 25 Crater Lake-North entrance open