We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
- 1 Savannah restaurants
- 2 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 3 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 4 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 5 American Airlines reservation question
- 6 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 7 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 8 Car trip from Seattle
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 Middlebury vt quickie
- 11 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 12 Newport, RI Questions
- 13 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 14 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 15 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 16 Albuquerque to Denver
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 19 I need a cell phone for 2 months. Which one ?
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 22 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 25 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?