Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
- 1 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 2 Middlebury vt quickie
- 3 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 4 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 5 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 6 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 7 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 8 NYC
- 9 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 10 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 11 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 12 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 13 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 14 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 15 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 16 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 17 hello guys....
- 18 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 19 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 20 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 21 Albuquerque to Denver
- 22 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 23 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 24 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 25 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken