Hi, we're going to be in CA from Dec 14-24. We have a 3 yr old child and are traveling on a budget. We plan on spending the weekends with family in Fremont but the weekdays are open for adventure. What should we see/do that doesn't cost a lot and is within a 2 hr drive of Fremont (approx)? We have thought of day trips to San Francisco (GG bridge, cable cars, maybe some museums), time at Fairyland and the Oakland Zoo...what else? We're ok to hotel it a few nights, so overnight in San Francisco or other locations is definitely a possibility. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of things to do in CA, we are just unfamiliar with the layout of the land and what would be worth it. We're not into skiing or other strenuous events, esp with our 3 yr old in tow! Our days don't need to be packed full of events, we're good with some unscheduled down time too! Thank you so much for your suggestions...
Limited time, limited $ in CA - what do we see?
- 1 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 2 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 3 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 4 How to plan San Diego trip
- 5 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 6 Washington Wineries
- 7 Airport luggage tamparing
- 8 California, Northern
- 9 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 10 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 11 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 12 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 13 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 14 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 15 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 16 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 17 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 18 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 19 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 24 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 25 East coast tour - Part1: NYC