When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 stay near newark or nyc
- 3 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 4 Motor House
- 5 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 6 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 7 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 8 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 9 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 12 Cape Ann area
- 13 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 14 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 15 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 16 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 17 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 18 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 19 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 20 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Kauai golf
- 23 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 24 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 25 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!