I am a single mother of a special needs child looking to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area. I am wanting to know what their public school system is like especially their special ed programs and the high achievers programs. I am also wondering what the cost of living is like there compared to other cities of its size. Such as rent as I am not looking to buy right away. I would be coming from Nebraska. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the employment rate there in the city. I have a paralegal degree, experience in the trucking industry and also hold NE certificates for CNA and Medaid. Any information that would be useful for me would greatly be appreciated. Where I am at in Nebraska the public school system has nothing to offer, the city is stagnant in job openings, pay scale is very low, has nothing to offer as far as entertainment and outdoor recreation. Charlottesville looks like a nice community with much to offer???
Mother looking to relocate to Charlottesville, VA
- 1 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 2 American Airlines reservation question
- 3 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 4 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 5 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 6 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 7 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 8 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 9 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 10 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 11 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 14 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 15 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 16 Middlebury vt quickie
- 17 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 NYC
- 20 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 21 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 22 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 23 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Cheap Hotel in NY