We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
- 1 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 2 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 3 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 4 Retiring in Colorado
- 5 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 6 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 7 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 8 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 11 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 12 Savannah restaurants
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 17 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 18 Denver 1 day in denver
- 19 Boston and surrounding area
- 20 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 21 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 22 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 23 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 24 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 25 Middlebury vt quickie