New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
- 1 Albuquerque to Denver
- 2 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 3 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 4 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 5 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 6 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 7 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 8 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 11 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 12 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 13 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 14 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 15 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 16 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 17 Michigan Beaches
- 18 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 19 Middlebury vt quickie
- 20 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 21 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 22 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 23 SW Utah
- 24 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 25 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)