I'm a writer living in Minneapolis. Every now and then, I need to get away for a weekend to someplace not too far and not too expensive to just focus on writing. I have found a great b&b just outside the city (not available right now), and I've even taken advantage of weekend hotel deals downtown to get a change of environment (plus I really do like our city). Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick getaway in a couple of weeks? I'm looking for a Friday to Monday, no further than an hour and half drive (or cheap 1.5 hour flight), affordable and comfortable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Need a Writer's Retreat Suggestion from Minneapolis
- 1 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 2 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 Williamsburg VA
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 10 A Visit to Charleston
- 11 Restos in Boca Raton
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 16 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 17 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 18 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 19 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 20 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 21 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 22 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 23 Help with NYC transit
- 24 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 25 Boston Area College Tour