My husband and I are planning a New England roadtrip for this October. We are especially looking forward to good seafood: oysters, lobsters, clam chowders... My husband prefers a coastal trip, and I do not mind seeing some leaves. We would like to stay at B&Bs, visit little towns, and eat eat eat. We have three full days and here are my questions. First, we are from Philly. Should we drive from Philly through New York and CT or is it wiser to fly to Boston and rent a car? Second, what is the best route: should we do Cape Cod or drive north to Portland, ME and further north to Acadia and then down driving on US-1, or is there an even better route you can suggest? What are some of the cities along the way that we should stop by? Thanks!
New England road trip for foodies
- 1 American Airlines reservation question
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 4 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 5 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 8 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 13 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 14 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 15 Middlebury vt quickie
- 16 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 17 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 18 NYC
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 21 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 22 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 23 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Cheap Hotel in NY