A bunch of my friends and I from Singapore are planning a trip to USA in October next year. Yayy! Super psyched! But we would really need some help in planning this trip!
For starters, we're all heading there for a conference and we have about 12 days in between to travel from NYC to LA.
These are the conference dates:
NYC: October 4th & 5th 2013 // Radio City Music Hall
LA: October 18th & 19th 2013 // Nokia Theatre
Hmm, from what I understand though, 12 days is a really short time period for travelling cross country so it's not likely we can see everything we want to. (In Singapore, it takes just about 2hrs to drive from one end to another)
But here's a vague, rough plan of the places we're sorta interested in. I know it's too ambitious but hah, I've never been there so I'm excited over everything. Please do let me know where would be impossible or even unwise to go. We do want to be able to actually enjoy our trip after all so advice from you experts would be very much appreciated
Texas (quoting my friend: great sights, explosions in the sky, BBQ ribs, explosions in the sky)
Las Vegas (for the Grand Canyon, not gambling haha)
San Francisco (maybe after the conference...)
We're not looking to spend too much though so any tips that could with saving money would be great. Hehe. We're open to any sort of transportation (train, car rental, flight). I'm not sure on the number of us though so maybe car rental would be a little difficult.
Also, could you guys help with a rough estimate on how much the roadtrip might cost?
In terms of where to stay, I'm thinking of cheap motels or even spending nights on the train..
Hmm because it's a bunch of us with different interests (ages range between 22-30) , I would think a variety of everything would be good (Scenery/wilderness/city life/live music bars/shopping etc) . Groups are a little harder to accommodate but eh, I think we're all quite open.
Oh oh! Personally, I wanna spend a day at Six Flags! I'm not too sure which to go to though, there's quite a number of them along the way of our trip. Also, I wanna eat In N' Out Burger! They came once to Singapore for a pop up store and sold out in less than 5 minutes I think I was there at 945am..
So yeah! I'm really looking forward to this trip, can't wait to be there!
I will likely be in NYC a month or two ahead of them, am a fashion photographer and am hoping to do a short internship there first but nothing is fixed yet.. Uh. What should I do with the excess luggage? Should I mail them back to Singapore first?
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-2-1-Travel-North_America-1-forum.html#ixzz2BLADLalF
NYC - LA in October 2013
- 1 NYC
- 2 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 3 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 4 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 5 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 6 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 11 Native American Tours/Tour Guides
- 12 Albuquerque to Denver
- 13 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 14 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 15 Help with NYC transit
- 16 Boston Area College Tour
- 17 Door County
- 18 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 19 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 20 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 21 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 22 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 23 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 24 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 25 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice