My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 3 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 4 Kauai golf
- 5 Cape Ann area
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 8 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 9 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 10 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 11 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 12 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 13 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 14 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 15 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 16 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Minneapolis Hotel
- 19 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 20 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 21 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 22 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 23 Washington Wineries
- 24 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 25 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please