Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
- 1 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 2 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 3 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 6 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 7 Savannah restaurants
- 8 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 9 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 10 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 11 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 12 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 13 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 14 Denver 1 day in denver
- 15 Boston and surrounding area
- 16 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 19 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 20 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 21 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 22 Middlebury vt quickie
- 23 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 24 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 25 Crater Lake-North entrance open