Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
- 1 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 2 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 3 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 4 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 5 American Airlines reservation question
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 9 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 10 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 11 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 12 Car trip from Seattle
- 13 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 14 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 15 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 16 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 17 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 18 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 19 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 20 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 21 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 22 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 23 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 24 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 25 Central Coast of Maine in August