We are traveling next July from the Milwaukee WI area heading to see Mt. Rushmore. What would be the best route & stops along the way. We love a good road trip & will be traveling with children ages 7,9, & 17. I am a major planner and like to make sure I don't miss out on anything worth seeing along the way. Which city near Mt. Rushmore would be the best to stay a few nights? We then are headed to Fargo ND for a weekend wedding--anything a must see/do on the way to ND? What route is best going to ND? Any ideas and tips are helpful. We also like to know any great places to eat as well. We probably have 5-7 days to travel the SD area and spend 3 days in fargo. Plans are pretty flexible. I know it is far in advance, but I like to get all the information so I can budget the costs & make any reservations. We have never traveled west of MN before. Usually our road trips lead us to Disney Thanks!
Road trip from Milwaukee Wi, to Mt. Rushmore, to Fargo ND--tips please
- 1 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 2 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 3 Minneapolis Hotel
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 6 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 7 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 8 Seward to Anchorage
- 9 California, Northern
- 10 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 11 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 12 Airport luggage tamparing
- 13 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 14 New York City Parking
- 15 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 16 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 17 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 18 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 19 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 20 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 21 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 22 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed