We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
- 1 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 2 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 3 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 4 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 5 Boston and surrounding area
- 6 Middlebury vt quickie
- 7 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 8 Denver 1 day in denver
- 9 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 10 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 11 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 14 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 15 Savannah restaurants
- 16 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 17 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 18 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 19 Albuquerque to Denver
- 20 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 21 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 American Airlines reservation question
- 24 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 25 Car trip from Seattle