We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
- 1 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 2 California, Northern
- 3 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 4 Seatlle, WA
- 5 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 6 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 7 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 8 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 9 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 10 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 11 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 12 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 13 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 14 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 15 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 17 Newport, RI Questions
- 18 Around North America (cruise)
- 19 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 22 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 23 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 24 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 25 Boston and surrounding area