Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
- 1 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 2 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 3 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 4 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 5 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 8 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 9 Michigan Beaches
- 10 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 13 Middlebury vt quickie
- 14 Albuquerque to Denver
- 15 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 16 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 17 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 18 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 SW Utah
- 21 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 22 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 23 Help Create a Memory in Michigan
- 24 surfing in San Diego
- 25 Central Coast of Maine in August