We are planning a trip to San Diego with 2 kids: age 5 and 7. I would like to take them to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park (recommendations of what to hit in the park), Sea World?? and LEGOLAND. I am wondering how days we would need here then taking a road trip up Highway 1 leisurely to San Francisco. (I read in other forums a week is much too long for San Diego.) Where is a good spot in between San Diego and San Fran to stop overnight? Would Big Sur be a good stopping area? I would like to see more coastal "things" along the way up. I have been to San Francisco and have been to Carmel, Yosemite, and Napa Valley (visiting family in San Francisco and flying out from there). Any suggestions will be appreciated.
San Diego road trip in August with 2 toddlers
- 1 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 2 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 6 Cape Ann area
- 7 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 Motor House
- 10 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 11 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 14 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 15 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 16 stay near newark or nyc
- 17 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 18 Kauai golf
- 19 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 20 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 21 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 22 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 23 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 24 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii