I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I appreciate this forum and all of the very helpful suggestions in planning a trip. At the last minute, our spring break is open and we are making plans for my husband and I to travel with my son, 14, and daughter, 18 to visit northern California and Oregon the first week of April by flying into San Francisco. We considered flying in to Seattle and Portland but it was very expensive flying from Indiana. San Francisco is more reasonable and is a great destination as our teens have not traveled west of AZ. My son is a huge Oregon fan and we are planning to drive to Eugene to visit the campus. In addition, we would like to see Redwoods; Crater Lake and/or the Oregon coast during the first part of the week and tour San Francisco for a couple of days at the end of the week. We arrive Sat night and are taking a red eye out on Sat night. I know we are trying to cover a lot of beautiful country in a very short amount of time. I appreciate itinerary suggestions and hotels along the way.
San Francisco to Eugene family spring break
- 1 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 2 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 5 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 6 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 10 D.C. in a day
- 11 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 12 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 13 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 16 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 19 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Memphis Tours
- 22 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 23 A Visit to Charleston
- 24 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii