We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA
- 1 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 A Visit to Charleston
- 4 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 5 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 8 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 9 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 10 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 11 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 12 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 13 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 14 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 15 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 16 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 17 D.C. in a day
- 18 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 19 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 20 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 21 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 22 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 23 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 24 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 25 DC with Kids Trip Report