My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
- 1 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 5 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 8 Denver 1 day in denver
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 12 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 16 Savannah restaurants
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 20 Middlebury vt quickie
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 24 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 25 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help