My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 Washington Wineries
- 2 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 3 Luxor Egypt
- 4 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 5 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 6 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 7 Minneapolis Hotel
- 8 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 9 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 10 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 11 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 12 Seward to Anchorage
- 13 California, Northern
- 14 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 15 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 16 New York City Parking
- 17 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 18 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 19 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 20 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 21 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 22 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 23 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 24 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 25 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed