Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
- 1 Newport, RI Questions
- 2 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 3 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 4 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 5 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 6 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 7 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 8 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 9 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 12 Seward to Anchorage
- 13 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 14 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 15 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 16 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 17 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 18 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 19 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 20 Car trip from Seattle
- 21 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 22 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 23 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 24 Savannah restaurants
- 25 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG