My husband ,2 sons, 20 and 23 , and I will be arriving at the John Wayne Airport at 10am. on December 24th. We will be renting a car and heading over to stay at the Red Lion in Anaheim. I have booked it for 5 days,and then leaving on Saturday morning the 29th. and heading to Carlsbad to stay at La Costa Resort and Spa for 3 nights and leaving Tuesday morning to head towards Newport Beach to finish out our vacation, we fly home Jan. 4th.We wanted to go to Disneyland, California Adventure and to Universal Studios, and then Sea World in San Diego and possibly a drive to La Jolla while were staying at La Costa. My question is this, " Are we spending too much time in Anaheim? Should I cut the stay at the Red Lion and stay longer in Carlsbad/ San Diego area at the resort? We have never been to Southern California area. Thanks for any input you may have.
Southern California Itinerary over Christmas Question
- 1 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 4 A Visit to Charleston
- 5 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 6 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 7 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 11 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 12 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 13 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 14 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 15 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 16 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 17 D.C. in a day
- 18 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 19 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 20 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 21 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 22 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 23 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 24 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 25 DC with Kids Trip Report