We (my husband and I) are planning a summer road trip from WA to MI and back. We have two weeks plus two days for the trip. We are planning on following I-90 over and then go up into MI then take I-94 on the way back until we run back into 90. Our first stop on the way (and a bit out of the way) is Yellowstone where we plan to spend a couple nights, then move on meeting back up with 90 in Sheridan WY. From there we know we want to see Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Corn Palace, etc... continuing on like this making sure we also hit Chicago. Once in MI we will be occupied with visitng family. On the way back we will stop by The Mall of America in MN, drive through ND this time instead of SD (on 94) and MT. I am looking for suggestions of places to see, sleep and eat along the way. We are hoping to keep our own schedule after leaving Yellowstone and just staying where we end up for the night, so no reservations after that.
Summer Road Trip I-90/94
- 1 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 2 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 3 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 4 stay near newark or nyc
- 5 Small Sofas
- 6 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 7 New York City Parking
- 8 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 9 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 10 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 11 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 Priceline, WARNING
- 14 Less commercial beach?
- 15 Washington Wineries
- 16 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 17 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 18 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 19 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 20 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 21 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 22 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 25 Kauai golf