The New England Carousel Museum, housed in a former brick hosiery factory in Bristol, CT., is about 5 miles off I84 between Waterbury and Hartford. As I was enroute to Worcester, MA I spotted the small sign on Rt 84 and decided to take a break from driving. I had remembered reading about this museum, somewhere, sometime, and was intrigued. The sign on Rt 84 is small as are the subsequent signs pointing the way. Of course, I was always in the wrong lane for turnings or didn’t see the small signs until I was through the intersections so needed to do some backtracking and turning around to get on course. But it was worth the detour.
The New England Carousel Museum
- 1 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 2 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 3 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 6 6 nights go in a blink of an eye! A quick trip to Waikiki
- 7 Disneyworld Stay January 2014
- 8 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 9 Priceline, WARNING
- 10 Less commercial beach?
- 11 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 12 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 13 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 14 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 15 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 16 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 17 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 18 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 19 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 20 stay near newark or nyc
- 21 New York City Parking
- 22 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 23 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 24 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 25 Maine - July 5th to July 14