My husband and I (both 67) will be flying into Atlanta from the UK on April 6th for a 4 week tour of the SE corner of the USA. We are interested, particularly, in the Civil War, the music and the wildlife. Currently, the planned route is Charleston, Savannah, Talahassee(missing the Pan Handle), New Orleans, Lafayette, Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Tupelo (just to do a bit of theNatchez Trace Highway - worth it?), Nashville, Knoxville, Chattenooga and back to Atlanta. We would welcome any advice - diversions to make, places to avoid! Also, advice on accommodation would be welcome, either individual B & Bs or any Motel Chains which are clean/reasonably priced. We like to mix it up to keep the cost down. Our last trip to the USA was to the Eastern States, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC etc. and we received some excellent advice from the Fodor Forum so we thought we would try again, fingers crossed.
Touring South East USA
- 1 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 2 California, Northern
- 3 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 6 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 7 Using public transit in San Diego
- 8 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 11 Washington Wineries
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 14 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 15 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 16 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 17 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 18 Memphis Tours
- 19 Please critique our plan...
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Gearhart Oregon
- 22 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 23 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 24 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions