Georgian Terrace Hotel
659 Peachtree Street NE
Would definitely stay there again. Food was very good in the Livingston, and we thought fairly reasonably priced for a hotel. Nice rooftop pool and view. Is across from the Fox Theater.
Atlanta Braves Baseball game
Kathy Griffin @ Fox Theater -- We don't particularly like her comedy, but we were checking out the box office for Norah Jones tickets and someone walked up to us and offered us free tickets - so we accepted.
Aquarium -- absolutely amazing!
Piedmont Park - Botanic Gardens -- too hot for me to enjoy, but a snack at Metro Fresh was very good. The orchids were best. The park is beautiful and very much like Central Park in NYC.
Margaret Mitchell House -- good tour. Guide was disappointed we had never read the book, but had only seen the movie.
Zoo -- way too HOT for me to enjoy, but it is a nice zoo.
Stone Mountain - laser show only -- I was very impressed.
High Museum - nice, airy museum. Enjoyed the collection the "Rising Up: Hale Woodruff's Murals from Talladega College" and the photography exhibit of "Picturing New York/Picturing the South."
Atlanta History Center (Buckhead area) - Swan House and Olympic Museum -- didn't get there in time for the Swan House tour, but I really only wanted to see the exterior where The Amazing Race ended a couple of seasons ago. Nice museum of the Olympics of '96.
Starlight Drive-In Theater - just plain ol' fun.
Fox Theater tour - fantastic tour! Amazing architecture, beautiful building, great story of its survival.
Leon’s Full Service for Fodor’s GTG - good food and great fellowship with new friends!
Oakland Cemetery Tour - too hot; tour guide was awful. Loved the irony that the tours are partially sponsored by the Six Feet Under Bar across the street. Also, got a kick out of the fact that the ice cream truck came into the cemetery and tried to sell ice cream. The little security guard ran him off before he could get to the tour group.
Antico’s Pizza - BEST pizza!! Ate there twice. The second time we took it back to the hotel -- there was a policeman outside monitoring how many people went in because they were at/above their occupancy limit!!
Kevin Rathbun (Braves Field) - fantastic steak sandwich!!!
Livingston’s (Georgian Terrace Hotel)
Café Alsace (Decatur) - fantstic food -- felt like we were in Alsace. Wished we would've had time to eat there a second time.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room - okay food, too much food, but not much different than we can get at home. If you're from the north and not accustomed to this type food, it would/could be a treat
George’s Bar (Village Highland?) -- good food. Went on trivia night (tues.) - was really fun.
Capozzi’s (Decatur) (was okay) - wouldn't go there again because Cafe Alsace was so much better.
Leon’s Full Service (Decatur)
Trip Report - Atlanta (Short)
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 5 A Visit to Charleston
- 6 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 7 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 10 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 11 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 12 Help with NYC transit
- 13 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 14 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 15 Boston Area College Tour
- 16 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 17 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 18 D.C. in a day
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 22 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 23 Williamsburg VA
- 24 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times