Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Two Nice Scenic Drives
- 1 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 2 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 3 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 4 Baseball Road Trip
- 5 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 6 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 11 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 12 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 13 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 16 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 20 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 21 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 22 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 23 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando