My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 4 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 5 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 6 Middlebury vt quickie
- 7 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 10 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 13 hello guys....
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 16 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 19 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 24 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested