My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)
- 1 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 2 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 3 Using public transit in San Diego
- 4 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 5 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 8 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 9 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 10 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 11 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 12 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 D.C. in a day
- 15 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 16 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 17 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 18 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 19 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 20 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 21 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 22 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 23 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 24 Memphis Tours
- 25 Ideas for Northern California trip?