Hi all, we are traveling on Hwy 2 from Michigan after going to Sleeping Bear Dunes. Around the lake, through Wisconsin, Minnesota and thinking of maybe continuing to N Dakota to see Theodore Roosevelt park. Ideally we would like to hit as many tourist, scenic drives as possible. Time is not limited as we are traveling to our house in Nevada. So we want to do Mt Rushmore, maybe Yellowstone. I could go on interstate and head West but heard that Hwy 2 is magnificant scenery. Would it make more sense to hop on the highways after the Great Lakes and forgo the rest of Hwy 2? Maybe it is not so scenic after Wisconsin. Planning to stop in Ashland and do the mural walk. Any ideas? Thanks.
US Hwy 2 from Mich to West Coast, ND, MN, & SD
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 3 A Visit to Charleston
- 4 Using public transit in San Diego
- 5 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 6 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 9 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 10 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 11 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 12 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 15 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 16 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 17 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 18 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 19 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 20 D.C. in a day
- 21 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 22 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 23 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 24 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 25 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)