We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
- 1 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 2 Albuquerque to Denver
- 3 Boston Area College Tour
- 4 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 5 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 6 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 7 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 8 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 11 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 12 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 13 D.C. in a day
- 14 Door County
- 15 10 Days in Maine
- 16 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 17 Using public transit in San Diego
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 20 A Visit to Charleston
- 21 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 22 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 23 Help with NYC transit
- 24 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 25 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)