I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
- 1 Washington DC & surrounding area
- 2 Denver 1 day in denver
- 3 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 4 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 5 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 6 How i can get best internet booking engine for travel website
- 7 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 8 American Airlines reservation question
- 9 Washington and Oregon - Is this doable?
- 10 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 11 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 12 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 13 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 14 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 15 Boston and surrounding area
- 16 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 17 Savannah restaurants
- 18 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 19 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 20 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 21 Albuquerque to Denver
- 22 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 23 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 24 Middlebury vt quickie
- 25 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip