My husband and I are traveling to Portland in Early October for a Business Conference but would like to see some of the surrounding area the weekend before.
We will be leaving Portland on Friday mid-afternoon and driving to the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach Friday night. How far North should we start our drive? Is Astoria too far?
On Saturday we will continue our Coastal Drive and then head back across to Dundee where we will enjoy the Wine Region on late Saturday and all of Sunday. How far down the Coast should we drive before cutting back across to Dundee?
Any info would greatly help! Also any "hidden gems" for food, coffee and wine would be great as well.
Thank you in advance!
Weekend Trip to Oregon Coast and Wine Region
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 3 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 4 Airport luggage tamparing
- 5 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 8 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 9 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 12 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 13 How to plan San Diego trip
- 14 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 15 Washington Wineries
- 16 California, Northern
- 17 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 18 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 19 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 20 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 21 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 22 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 23 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 24 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 25 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls