Hello all, just looking for a little information to make sure I can make this trip safely. A little background information first though. Currently I'm military stationed in Europe and I have an assignment to Alaska in February. I have various options I can take, but the most appealing one is to fly home to West Virginia, take leave to see the family, then drive from there to Anchorage. I'm taking about 10 days for the trip,driving about 8 hours per day, and I'm just looking for information on what routes to take, what I can expect for weather and road conditions, and some excellent stops on the way. Originally I was going to drive to Washington and take the ferry, but have read that during that time of year the ferry goes from Bellingham to Juneau and then to Whittier, but that was going to take something like 5 days and the wife gets sea sick. I'll be driving a 4x4 jeep compass and am used to driving in the snow, just want to know what I'm getting into. Thanks in advance for all the help, and if anyone wants some information for traveling in Europe just let me know.
West Virginia to Anchorage, Alaska in February.
- 1 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 2 Airport luggage tamparing
- 3 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 4 Minneapolis Hotel
- 5 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 6 New York City Parking
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 9 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 10 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 11 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 12 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 13 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 14 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 15 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 16 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 17 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 18 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 19 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 20 Washington Wineries
- 21 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed
- 22 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 23 Luxor Egypt
- 24 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 25 stay near newark or nyc