Myself and my partner are both 40 next year, so we had a thought to do something different than just have a cake with lots of candles ...lol
So we have decided to visit a few cities in the lovely USA, (we live is the UK by the way, Wales to be exact)
The cities we are looking to visit are New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. She who must be obeyed wants to visit the Grand Canyon and shop like mad in New York and L.A.
We would like some ideas of things to do while in these cities and surrounding areas, stuff that excite us are things that are not your normal touristy things, although we would like to do the usual so we can say we seen or been to the places like empire state building, statue of liberty ect,ect... also food is a big thing for us, we both enjoy trying different things, having watched many cooking programme over here in the UK, ( man vs. food, ect) we also would like ideas of some good places to eat that are not your normal restaurant type place ( hope that makes sense...lol )
I need to explain too that we will probably have a budget, but as to what that is just yet we have not decided, as I would depend on what type of things we would do and if we would pre-book or just do it ad-hoc
So any help or ideas would be grateful
Look forward to your replies
i have posted on here before, as we were looking to do a road trip, looks like we may have changed our minds about that now, but i'd like to thank those of you that posted and gave us help and feedback
what to do in and around new york city? ( in 3/4 days )
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Door County
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 Help with NYC transit
- 5 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 6 Boston Area College Tour
- 7 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 8 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 9 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 10 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 build a nice website
- 13 Red Leather Sofa
- 14 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 15 Albuquerque to Denver
- 16 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 17 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 18 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 19 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 20 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Williamsburg VA
- 23 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 24 A Visit to Charleston
- 25 Restos in Boca Raton