I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What to Do - Two Weeks in Pacific NW
- 1 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 2 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 3 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 4 A Visit to Charleston
- 5 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 6 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 11 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 14 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 15 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 16 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 17 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 18 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 19 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 20 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 21 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 22 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 23 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 24 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 25 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?