I’m starting to do some preliminary research on a trip we (two adults, two kids who will be almost 2 and 4.5 at the time of the trip) plan to take to the Pacific NW. We have two weeks for our trip and will spend four days in Seattle. After that, I am not sure what to do as there are so many places I would like to see. The following are all options I would *like* to consider (and I'm well aware that many not be possible because of time and/or having two kids in tow). If you had about 10 days to spend in the Pacific NW, which of these would you choose and why? Or any you would absolutely avoid?
• Visit the Washington peninsula (is that even the term that is used for that area?)
• Roadtrip through Washington state but don’t leave the state (Mt. Rainier, etc. )
• Drive across Washington State to Idaho – I’ve always wanted to see Idaho. We roadtripped through the Dakotas/Montana awhile back and love the “big sky” feel to those states)
• Vancouver area (Victoria? Whistler?) – hear so many great things about Vancouver
• Portland area – this doesn’t interest me very much as I feel I will have other reasons to visit Portland but not the other areas I list
• Hop on a plane and visit Anchorage, Alaska (my husband’s favorite option as once we arrive in Washington state he will only have 2 states left to see, one of them being Alaska)
We would be traveling in mid-April (next year) so weather is a consideration. My husband is very used to mountain driving though we will want to avoid any area that is difficult to drive through because of snow. Our kids are good travelers, as much as little kids can be anyway, but they will absolutely factor in our decision on what we do. I'm just trying to get a feel for what options we have, if any, and then narrow it down from there based on weather and kids.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What to Do - Two Weeks in Pacific NW
- 1 stay near newark or nyc
- 2 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 3 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 4 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 5 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 6 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 7 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 8 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 9 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 10 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 11 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 Minneapolis Hotel
- 14 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 15 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 16 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 17 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 18 Washington Wineries
- 19 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 20 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 21 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 22 Seward to Anchorage
- 23 California, Northern
- 24 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 25 New York City Parking