NYC massage therapist

Search

NYC massage therapist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC massage therapist

Hi all. I'm interested in finding a spa/health club that offers great massage. I prefer a male therapist in the 23rd & 8th area. Any ideas? Also, I read about an oriental place called Yi Pak. Has anyone had a good experience there? Thanks.
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
emd

I had a GREAT, somewhat aggressive (but in a good way) massage (although by the end I was so relaxed I was about to doze) from a male therapist at the Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers two weeks ago tonight. I got the man's card. I would recommend him, and I will call him next time I am in NY and want a massage. He works at other health clubs in Manhattan, so you could call him and find out where else he works in your specified area. The club at Sheraton NY Hotel on 7th Ave is mostly for members- very few hotel guests use it (they charge hotel guests a fee). It is not crowded at all and is a nice club.
Here is what is on his business card:
Jim Graham
NYC Licensed Massage Therapist
SPorts/Medical Massage
Sports PErsonal Training and Coaching
917-547-9193
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:45 PM

emd... what did he charge?
Crazy, but when I was walking back to my hotel (St Regis) I passed a nail place that offered chair massage for 1.00 a minute. The manicurists do the massage and I doubt they are registered but my, oh, my it was one of the best chair massages I have had in years. I'll have to dig up a post I placed right after the trip to find the name of the place. Next trip, I will finish every day with a 10 minute rubdown!
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:49 PM

Here it is...

Author: TxTravelPro
Date: 08/23/2004, 08:55 pm
Message: After a long day at work today I was walking back to the hotel from Whole Foods and noticed that a nail salon offered chair massages. They have the face cushion thing that hooks to a table. It's sort of makeshift but seems to work fine.
They charge 1.00 per minute and I decided to go for it. Well speaking as someone who has chair massages just about every week for 5 years , I can say that this was one of the top 10. I have no doubt that these women were NOT licensed massage therapists but what I needed was a vigorous muscle rubdown and man was she awesome.
SOOOOO many of the "REAL" therapists I go to spend a lot of time pushing and leaning on me with forearms. I think they do that just because it is much easier than aggressive kneading.
Anyway, someone was asking about NYC massages a while back and I just thought I would drop a line about this place, on Braodway and 57th (I think) call Scarlet Nail Salon.
I plan to go back tomorrow!!!
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
emd

It was $100 for one solid hour. He has a portable table and wil go anywhere, and I think his rate is less outside the health club environment.
BTW, TxTravelPro, I know a WONDERFUL Colombian cosmetologist in NYC who does the most amazing facials. I used to get facials from her at Essex House, but recently I have stayed in other hotels and I called her at her home studio. I went to her home studio also two weekends ago and she gave me the best facial I've ever had ($90 an hour, but she went 90 min. on me for that price). She had a shop of her own in NYC for 13 yrs, but rent was too high so she started the hotel spa and home studio route. I love this woman. And the funny thing is, I HATE facials-- she is the only one I have ever enjoyed and gone back to. Her place is on W. 58th and 6th. Let me know if you want her info.
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:56 PM

Here's a guy who does outcall massage listed in NY Mag. located on east 23 st

Best Outcall Massage
Carlos Araque: Essential Therapy
36 East 23rd Street
212-777-2325

Carlos Araque, the Mets? official massage therapist, uses relaxing Swedish strokes combined with sports massage before finishing with craniosacral movements. ?That?s when they start going to another place,?? he says. From $150.

Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:12 PM

emd... that sounds awesome! I would love a great facial. I hate 'em too but they really make you look better!
If you could email the info to me, I would appreciate it!
[email protected]
Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:09 AM
emd

I've emailed you, travelpro.