Long Island Lodging

Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Island Lodging

I was about to make a reservayion at the Greenporter Hotel in Greeenport(oddly enough) when I saw some pretty nasty reviews on Trip Advisor. I usually take it with a grain of salt if there are a couple of bad reviews along with numerous good ones. This was not the case. Has anyone stayed there or kno anyone who did?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:29 PM

I have never stayed here but I do spend summers in a village nearby. It is true that the hotel is a renovated motel-like place (not a Motel 6) but from the reports I have heard, it is good. The owners totally gutted the old place and renovated it. There were quite a few positive reviews on trip advisor, along with those negative comments.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM

We stay at the harborfront which is a brand new boutique hotel right in town.The rooms are beautiful.Ask for a Premier room with a view of Harbor.The location is better than the Greenporter
IMO.You probably will not spend much time in your room but the view at this hotel cant be beat.
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:47 AM

We just stayed at the Greenporter last week (for my birthday and we thought it was great. The rooms are very minimalist in an IKEA sort of way; it was clean, bright, and comfortable. Great restaurant on site. There is a pool and jacuzzi (not open just yet). You can walk into town and of course, it's so convenient to the wonderful wineries!! (And the Shelter Island ferry). We're going to head back there in July for our anniverary.
Old May 6th, 2006, 05:03 AM

These websites will be of help:
Long Island Vistor's Bureau
http://www.licvb.com/home.cfm?group_ID=1
Long Island Wine Tours
http://www.longislandwinetours.com/?...FSZzUAodT29pkA
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your assistance. We have decided to stay in a B&B instead and a little farther west