Search

"Love" or "O"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Love" or "O"

Next month I'll be visiting Las Vegas for the first time with my husband. We are in our early 30's. He is a Beatle fan and he wants to see Love. I have heard that it's about dance with the Beatle songs. I have also heard that "O" is a great show. I would like to see something that surprises me. What would you recommend me? Is "Love" a show that I can't miss?
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
sistahlou

I am laughing my akahine off at your title!!! Hahahahah!!! Dr Ruth might have an answer! I like both!!! heehee...

Oh, about the shows. I adored Love, my husband did not. It is a lot of flash and little details that I found to be fun and refreshing, keeping me on the edge of my seat enjoying the party on stage and above, while loving the soundtrack. He fell asleep.

O is a more traditional cirque show in it's grandest. Much more wow factor on this one. We both loved it.

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM

The big "O" my wife loves it
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM

If is is a big beatles fan try LOVE. If you aren't really, really into the Beatles you may be a little disappointed.

I'd vote for "O" over LOVE. If you want to see stunts there aren't as many in LOVE, it is more dancing and singing but the set and costumes are amazing.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM

Well, having seen 'O' 3 times and Love in July this year I would say it must be 'O' every time! Love is fantastic too but you need to be a Beatles lover to appreciate the show and it's remixed soundtrack. O is magical and simply unique, don't go to Vegas and miss it!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 05:20 AM

Go to "O" one night and then go to Fab Four at the Aladdin another night for a very fun Beatle fix. 2 for 1 tickets are available for the Fab Four. This show is early so you could potentially do both the same night.

Mystere will suprise (and delight) you, just to complicate the process here.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 06:33 AM

I'd see both. It is cheaper to see a show than to gamble. I liked Love almost as much as O and Mystere and better than Ka.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:10 AM

Oh...one more thing:

Since this is your first trip to Vegas, I predict that you will see LOTS of things that suprise you ;-)

Have a great time and remember what they say about what happens there....although many of us would like to hear a report afterwards.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Having seen both I will relate my coments to my wife after seeing "Love"...

I felt that I would recomend "Love" to more people because it is a fun show and is a little cheaper - but I thought that overall "O" was the better stage show...I think "O" is perfect for a special occasions, where "Love" would be fun to see even a few times.

My wife is a HUGE Beatle fanatic and even she agreed.

Note: the higher up cheap seats were the best for "Love"!!!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM

Sistahlou,

I really get a laugh out of husband falling asleep. We did see the late show,but he almost nodded out as well. Then again he did at Mystere as well and this was an early show!! I think Cirque is NOT his cup of tea. Anywas I did love LOVE and he does speak highly of the show. We didn't see "O" so sorry I cannot compare. I would choose LOVE over the Mystere show. If he is a Beatles fan I think he will love LOVE. It was entertaining so much going on and the music was wonderful!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll show him your recommendations and let him choose. I already pleased myself buying tickets for Celine Dion show.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM

Take in dinner at Daniel Boulud Brasserie in the Wynn after 8 PM; the resturant sits on a small man made lake that has a tremendously surprising special effects light show performance that runs about every 30 minutes. Make sure you get a good view of the lake! It was really unexpected and one of my favorite memories of LV (and that visit included a wedding at the Little Wedding Chapel!) .
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 05:24 PM

Your title caught my attention. But now that I'm here, I actually can give advice, having seen O. It will surprise and awe you, as do all the Cirque du Soleil perfomances. But O is spectacular even for Circque du Soleil--and appealing for men and women, so your husband should enjoy it.

If you can do both, I would, and post an answer to your own question.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 06:30 PM

I preferred Love to "O" but then I am a huge Beatle fan. I was full of oohs and ahhs for the first 10 minutes of "O" but then I started getting bored. The quality of the Beatle music in LOVE is unbelievable and listening to it (there are more than 2000 speakers) really brought back a wonderful time of my life. But like I said, that's just me...
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Haven't seen it yet, but have tix for Love in January. It's the main reason for our Vegas trip.
None of the other Cirque shows have any interest for me, but I am also a huge Beatles fan, and if your hubby loves the Beatles, why would there be any question? Does he have no say?
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 04:48 PM

not a huge fan of the beatles (didn't know every song during Love), but not a hater either.

*loved* Love. Not so crazy about O. maybe i'm not a traditionalist when it comes to Cirque. saw all 5 in Vegas (and La Nouba at WDW), loved Love and Zumanity.

O has the 'stage,' but if you want pay to see a stage, see Ka.
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 11:49 PM

We have seen Mystere, O, Ka, and Love.

You picked Celine Dion. If your husband is a Beatles fan, take him to see "Love."