Search

Question About Ellen Show (NEW)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Ellen Show (NEW)

Hello everyone,

I was just contacted by someone at the Ellen show to confirm tickets for a date in April. They told me that I was not on standby and that I would be guaranteed two tickets. I asked the woman if I should get there early (a la 6:30 am) since I did not want to be in the rif raff room and she replied "no." She said to get there two hours before the show and that I would be fine. I've read other messages from people on this board and everyone seems to think that it is necessary to get to the studio really early in the morning. Should I get there early or listen to the woman from Ellen? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM
lawchick

I think you should go really, really early. Don't listen to that woman and wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Are you going to the Oscar's?
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM

You may get more answers by posting this on the USA forum and not Europe
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 02:00 AM

I haven't even got a clue what the question means!!
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 06:04 AM

What IS the "rif raff room?"
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 06:05 AM

Always the best place to be at a Hollywood party, I should think.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM

Who is Ellen?
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 07:18 AM

"Who is Ellen?"

Ellen DeGeneres - She will be hosting the Academy Awards this evening. She has a talk show on television. About a decade ago she had a 1/2 hour situation comedy on T.V., where she came out openly as a lesbian. Her career took a tumble and she was pretty much blacklisted from Hollywood. It's nice to see that she has made a comeback with another television show, and being asked to host the Oscars. I wish her luck tonight.

"What IS the "rif raff room?"

Since they usually overbook tickets for these shows, there are always people who can't get a seat, even if they have a ticket. Ellen puts them in the riff raff room, where they can watch the show on video, and might have the opportunity to get on T.V. since she sometimes does a segment involving the riff raff room.

Hope this helps to clarify. Peace, Robyn >-
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 07:48 AM

I'm a little confused by the idea that Ellen was "pretty much blacklisted" after her successful TV show of 4 years ended in 1998. Less than three years later she was selected to host the Emmy awards -- hardly a job given to a blacklisted performer.
She did take some "time off" after her TV show, and also tried another sitcom which was not successful, but also made a huge rebound as the voice in "Finding Nemo".
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:10 AM

I was just using the word "blacklisted" because I happened to catch an interview with Ellen and Oprah and one of them used that terminology. I figured if they could, then I could.

And like Zeus said, who really cares... I was just answering the question for the benefit of the posters who didn't have a clue who she was. Peace, Robyn >-
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Didn't she have a torrid, long-term affair with that very hot short-haired blonde woman who now never appears in movies anymore? I wish she was hosting the show.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Neo-- hate to break bad news to you, but Ellen herself has stated how she was "ran out of Hollywood" after the big bruhaha of coming out. Three years wait for a big gig after a "successful show" is certainly hints of "blacklisting" for sure. I am certainly glad of her comeback; she is an outstanding comedian and I hope she "breaks a leg" tonight!!! =D>
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Northshore,
Ellen had an affair for several years in the late 90's with Anne Heche. Anne then married Coleman Laffoon and had a child. They recently separated. If you get Parade in the Sunday paper, there is actually a blurb about her today.

Check out imdb.com if you want more info.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Heche has the lead on the ABC show Men in Trees.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Well, I certainly stand corrected. I had thought that the industry in particular (maybe the public less so) had come out in support for Ellen in a big way for coming out on TV. And I thought she had mentioned that she needed a break after doing that show for 4 years, so I assumed her "break" was more self-imposed. I had never heard her refer to the situation as being "blacklisted" by Hollywood, but I don't always follow a lot of that stuff, so I'm sure what some of you are reporting must be true.

Meanwhile, I think it's funny when somebody opens a thread called "Question about Ellen show", reads it, and then posts "who cares". The obvious answer is "anyone who opened the thread to read it."
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Yes, Anne Heche is the one. Ellen was lucky to have hooked up with her for so long.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM

McWatter, there are a few different types of tickets given out for the show depending on how far you are coming from, who you know, etc. Did they send you anything in writing, anything you can print out? If so, exactly what does it state?
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Heche cheated on Ellen with the cameraman who was filming Ellen's comedy tour. She married him and had a child. Heche then cheated on him with an actor on her new show.

If she's a "catch" NorthShore, more power to you. Find a way to get on the periphery of her life and you may be lucky enough to be next.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Now, if you want to talk about a catch, did you get a look at Portia de Rossi at the Oscars? Now, THAT'S a catch. She and Ellen both lucked out this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -