2 weeks in Europe

Search

2 weeks in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 weeks in Europe

We will be arriving July 14th and have two weeks. We will be landing in London and spend just a day or two there. After that we are thinking either Amsterdam or Prague but want to see maybe Munich or Vienna on the way to Italy. We want to spend at least a week in Italy. I know I don't have much time just the two weeks and not sure what we should definitely do and what we should probably just forget about until next vacation. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 12:24 PM

My personal preference to to go to fewer places, and get to know each a little better. Two weeks isn't enough in Italy, let alone Italy and several other places.

I'd probably lodge myself in London for a week, and take some day trips, then do the same thing in Amsterdam.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 12:33 PM

See as much as your want- We found 2-3 days enough in each city, not including side trips. Make the most of it who knows when or if your'll be back.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Do I understand correctly that you are leaving for europe in FIVE days and haven't even picked the countries yet?

I don;t know how to even begin to advise you - since by now you should be finalizing restaurant lists - with hotels and transit between cities finalized weeks ago and destinations months ago.

I think you need to keep this really simple to avoid a disaster. Do London, Amsterdam and Paris with a couple of day trips.

Reserve you hotels NOW - tonight - even if it takes all night to find something. You can start work on transit between cities tomorrow.

And buy a couple of guide books tomorrow too - and read them ASAP.

I hope you have a really large budget - since most of the decent inexpensive hotels book up months in advance and travel between cities is much cheaper when reserved in advance.

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM

Surely they mean 2007, or perhaps a troll.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM

was this a last minute trip?

I would suggest...

london
amsterdam
paris

book hotels immediately.
study the train schedules.

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
this has GOT to be a troll post.

- first post
- leaving in 5 days (!)
- wanting to see 3 or 4 countries in part of the first week, and Italy in the second week+.

And IF it isn't a troll - I don't think there is much we can do to help at this late date.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM
rex

I don't think that it's a troll.

I advise:

Use www.whichbudget.com or www.opodo.co.uk to choose a flight from London to Amsterdam.

You won't have much trouble figuring out how to travel by train from Amsterdam to Munich. Likewise from Munich to Venice.

Advising you on your week in Italy requires that I know where is your return flight home originating.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 04:39 AM
ira

It might not be a troll post, but what could we possibly do to help this poor creature, who is leaving on Thursday?